Guide to Healthcare Leadership Conferences (2023)
Healthcare leadership is a team effort in every sense of the term. Today’s healthcare systems require the intersection of IT, policy, finance, and public health. Bringing it all together requires networking, collaboration, and a holistic view of the healthcare space. No one is a master of each component within this space, and that’s why they turn to conferences to build their understanding of the wider landscape.
Healthcare leadership conferences are nodes of knowledge that act as temporary centers of excellence. It’s here that industry leaders get together to discuss their challenges, opportunities, and research on the topics that matter most. Some may focus specifically on a particular niche, such as healthcare marketing or healthcare IT, while others may act as an omnibus wherein attendees can customize their tracks.
And there’s plenty of room for out-of-the-box thinking, too, with some conferences bringing speakers from roles as diverse as astronaut, artist, or singer to help explore the future of healthcare.
Whether you’re a veteran healthcare leader or someone just getting their start, healthcare leadership conferences are likely to be an important fixture of your career progression. Below, we’ve collected the top ten conferences in the United States for healthcare leadership in 2023.
Rural healthcare leadership comes with its challenges and opportunities, which are the focus of the American Hospital Association’s 36th annual Rural Healthcare Leadership Conference. Designed for rural healthcare administrators at all levels, the conference schedule emphasizes operational sustainability, improved performance, and community health.
This year’s keynote speakers include a world-renowned army surgeon, the Senior Vice President of legislative and political affairs at the American Hospital Association, the president of Orlikoff & Associates, Inc., and the Senior Associate Director of Payment Policy at the American Hospital Association. Areas of discussion cover disruption, governance, politics, and patient-centric care.
Participants will be examining the environment such as the impact of COVID-19 on the health system, exploring how virtual health technologies are improving access to care, gaining practical tools for achieving clinical and operational performance, and learning strategies to foster a culture of innovation.
- Location: JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, San Antonio, TX
- Date: February 19-22, 2023
- Focus: Rural healthcare leadership
- Sponsor: AHA
- Cost: AHA organizational member (early: $675 and standard: $725); non-member (early: $775 and standard: $825); academic, government, nonprofit, associations (early: $775 and standard: $825)
Hosted by Academy Health, an advocate of evidence-based healthcare policy, Health Datapalooza brings together disruptive voices and established experts to discuss the future of health data and the policies and innovations that will spark real transformation in healthcare.
This conference sits at the intersection of rigorous evidence, courageous discussions, and disruptive ideas among changemakers in the policy and data spheres. Federal agencies, startups, consumer advocates, healthcare delivery systems, researchers, patients, and the media will meet at this unique conference for connecting over a common goal: unlocking data and developing smart policies for innovating and improving health and health care for all.
- Location: Hyatt Regency Crystal City, Arlington, VA
- Date: February 23-24, 2023
- Focus: Health data
- Sponsor: Academy Health
- Cost: AcademyHealth member/ organizational member (early by December 15: $895, standard by February 22: $995, and onsite by February 23-24: $1,045); non-member (early by December 15: $1,195, standard by February 22: $1,295, and onsite by February 23-24: $1,345); federal government – member & non-member (early by December 15: $895, standard by February 22: $995, and onsite by February 23-24: $1,045); AH student member (early by December 15: $395, standard by February 22: $495, and onsite by February 23-24: $545); Group Rate – more than 5 (early by December 15: $945, standard by February 22: $1,045, and onsite by February 23-24: $1,095); developer ($595); patient ($595); speaker ($550)
The 2023 HCSRN annual conference will take place at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel in Denver, CO on February 21-23, 2023. This conference is a preeminent gathering for researchers based in real-world healthcare systems and numerous collaborators in academic health systems, patient-partner communities, and funding agencies. The conference offers a diverse slate of content, showcasing relevant, rigorous research on important conditions affecting millions of patients.
The 2023 event will focus on health policy, healthcare delivery and coverage, mental health, cardiovascular disease, COVID-19, epidemiology and surveillance, data science, informatics and data models, genomics & precision medicine, and population health improvement, among others.
Registration rates differ by date. Early-bird registration is from October 31, 2022 through December 31, 2022. Standard registration is from January 1, 2023 through January 31, 2023. Late registration is February 1, 2023 through onsite in Denver.
- Location: Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, Denver, CO
- Date: February 21-23, 2023
- Focus: Customizable
- Sponsor: HCSRN
- Cost, Full Conference Fees: Member/government agency employee (early: $685, standard: $785, and late: $885); non-member (early: $795, standard: $895, and late: $995); student ($360); patient/patient partner ($210)
- Cost, One-Day Conference Fees: Non-students ($410); students ($265)
The National Health Council’s Annual Health Leadership Conference is an opportunity for attendees to network with other leaders from the nation’s top patient groups and related nonprofits and learn about best practices for nonprofit health organizations, and emerging issues in health care policy.
For 2023, the theme is ‘Change Agents for Patient Health’. The National Health Council’s team is developing a dynamic agenda with speakers who will focus on leadership, being a catalyst for change, building and driving momentum, and taking action.
- Location: Coral Gables, FL
- Date: February 7-9, 2023
- Focus: Patient health
- Sponsor: National Health Council
- Cost: Registration rates are not yet available as of November 2022
Developed by HLTH and CHIME, ViVE 2023 is a health information technology event focused on the business of healthcare systems. ViVE merges the digital marketplace of HLTH and the leadership of CHIME for creating a technology event that brings together senior digital health leaders & buyers, C-suite executives, health startups & investors, and solution providers to advance healthcare. This event will have more than 7,500 participants, 450+ exhibitors, and more than 300 speakers.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from the innovative business leaders community that is transforming healthcare and technology. This year’s agenda themes include health on repeat: earning consumer loyalty; that’s so meta: delivering virtual care with intention; POV: your data is hacked; homeward bound: a seismic shift in care delivery; drafting the A-team: talent, retention, and development; hurricane data: it’s raining analytics, AI, and precision medicine; and roses and thorns blossoming health tech investments; among others.
- Location: Nashville, TN
- Date: March 26-29, 2023
- Focus: Business of transformation in healthcare
- Sponsor: CHIME and HLTH
- Cost (Estimated): General admission ($2,095); hosted buyer (free); government (reduced); Media (free)
This gathering is an interactive and dynamic event that will connect the healthcare community to learn, support, and share ideas for positively impacting the experience in healthcare organizations around the world.
Elevate PX is designed for practitioners and leaders who are improving the patient experience with roles in such areas as service excellence, executive leadership, patient experience or satisfaction, physician or nurse leadership, quality or safety operations, and patient and family advisors.
Attendees at this event will be experiencing live networking activities and educational sessions learning from leading experts who tackle issues related to patient experience within healthcare.
- Location: Hilton Anatole, Dallas, TX
- Date: March 27-29, 2023
- Focus: Elevating the human experience in healthcare
- Sponsor: The Beryl Institute
- Cost, In-person Participant: Through November 11, 2022 (per individual member $1,100, and per individual non-member $1,250); November 12, 2022 to January 31, 2023 (per individual member $1,150, per individual non-member $1,300) after January 31, 2023 (per individual member $1,200, per individual non-member $1,350)
- Cost, Virtual Participant: Through November 11, 2022 (per individual member $475, and per individual non-member $575); November 12, 2022 to January 31, 2023 (per individual member $525, per individual non-member $625) after January 31, 2023 (per individual member $550, per individual non-member $650)
The American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Congress on Healthcare Leadership brings together over 4,000 people from the healthcare leadership community.
This 2023 edition is a premier networking and educational event for healthcare executives providing them an opportunity to come together and reimagine healthcare. Attendees will be able to connect with their colleagues, discover new insights from innovative thought leaders, and access resources that will empower them to lead in the field.
Learners at this in-person event will earn up to 6 ACHE Face-to-Face Education credits. This conference remains a pilgrimage for healthcare leaders at all points of their careers.
This year’s featured faculty include the vice president of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan Inc. and Hospitals, the chief diversity officer and senior vice president of the University of Chicago Medical Center, the vice president of the Medical City Children’s Hospital & Medical City Women’s Hospital, the vice president of human resources of the Emory St Joseph Hospital, the president of Oceans Healthcare, and the vice president of strategy and research of the American College of Healthcare Executives. Early bird registration ends on Monday, 27, 2023.
- Location: Hyatt Regency Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Date: March 20–23, 2023
- Focus: Customizable
- Sponsor: ACHE
- Cost: Executive flex pass (Member CEO or FACHE: $2,250, non-member CEO: $2,500); basic registration (member: $1,600, non-member: $1,750); congress express (member: $1,100, non-member: $1,250); student associate ($450); HEN program directors ($600)
The ICHSM 2023 aims to bring together outstanding researchers, students, and scholars for exchanging and sharing their research results and experiences about all aspects of health management. The event will discuss the most recent trends, innovations, concerns, practical challenges encountered, and the various solutions in the field of health management.
This event cordially welcomes all experts of academia, government, and industry from all around the world for contributing to and helping shape this conference through submissions of their research papers, posters, and abstracts.
The topics of interest include but are not limited to healthcare management, health tourism applications, health policy and practice, big data for healthcare practices, survival analysis & health hazard, collaboration technologies for healthcare, personalized health promotion, epidemiological modeling, psychiatric and mental health nursing, health informatics education, anxiety and sleep disorders, and rehabilitation nursing, among others.
- Location: Kyoto, Japan
- Date: May 12-14, 2023
- Focus: The theme of this year’s conference is “The Future of Digital Health in the Post-Pandemic”
- Sponsor: CBEES
- Cost, Physical Participation Options: ICHSM reviewer ($400); student ($450); normal authors ($500); listeners ($350); presentation ($380); additional paper ($280); additional page ($30); extra proceeding ($50)
- Cost, Virtual Participation Options: Full paper ($380) abstract presentation ($300) listener ($250)
ICHLA 2023 focuses on bringing together leading researchers, research scholars, and academic scientists to share and exchange their research results and experiences on nearly all aspects of healthcare leadership and administration. The conference also provides an interdisciplinary platform for practitioners, educators, and researchers to discuss and present the most recent trends, concerns, and innovations as well as the challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of Healthcare Leadership and Administration.
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to health administration, strategic planning, effective communication, corporate governance, project management, effective management, leadership and governance in health, health administration and policy studies, leadership, management & administration of public health systems, and stewardship, accountability, and integrity.
- Location: Barcelona, Spain; Toronto, Canada
- Date: June 19-20, 2023 in Barcelona, Spain; July 10-11, 2023 in Toronto, Canada
- Focus: Healthcare leadership and administration
- Sponsor: World Academy of Science, Engineering, and Technology
- Cost: Non-student oral or poster presenter (early bird €450, normal €500); student oral or poster presenter (early bird €350, normal €400); listener (early bird €250, normal €300); additional paper (€100)
The American Hospital Association’s Leadership Summit brings together healthcare executives, experts, and clinicians in this field who will present innovative approaches and transformational strategies to achieve financial sustainability while also delivering greater value through creative partnerships, redefined delivery models, and operational excellence. Special emphasis will be paid to the practices and strategies that enable leaders to respond successfully and remain resilient in periods of sustained crisis.
Furthermore, this event will explore topics such as overcoming workforce challenges to build resilient and high-performing teams; operating excellence in turbulent times; improving behavioral health, including mental illness and substance use disorder; emerging approaches to health care strategy and delivery; and elevating health equity and eliminating disparities. In addition to these tracks, the conference seeks case studies, success stories, and other proposed sessions within issues such as governance excellence, health equity, and behavioral health.
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Date: July 16-18, 2023
- Focus: Transformational strategy and financial sustainability
- Sponsor: American Hospital Association
- Cost: Registration for the 2023 AHA Leadership Summit will open in early 2023