UAGC Online MA in Health Care Administration
JUMP TO :
The University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) offers a fully online master of arts (MA) in health care administration that can be completed in 18 months. Offered through the College of Arts and Sciences, the program culminates with a health care capstone completed in conjunction with a health care organization.
The MA in health care administration seeks to prepare graduates to take on leadership roles in health care organizations to improve provider and patient experiences. The MA covers health policy, law, ethics, health care finance, economics, leadership, IT systems, human resource management, and strategic planning.
Graduates can affect organizational decision-making through finance and accounting principles, make ethical decisions drawing on laws and policies in health care, take on organizational planning roles using information technology and statistical reasoning, and evaluate health care outcomes.
Health care administration careers can take graduates to senior-level management positions in areas such as health care facility management, clinical research management, human resource management, health care strategy, health information management, and health services management.
The University of Arizona Global Campus is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and is located in Chandler, Arizona.
What to Expect from the UAGC Online MA in Health Care Administration
- Admission Requirements: Interested professionals must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a 2.0 to 2.74 GPA are placed on Academic Watch. Application is streamlined with no application fee, and no GMAT requirement or work experience needed. Applicants submit an online application and official transcripts. Proof of English language proficiency may be required.
- Study Plan: Online MA in health care administration students can complete the program in 18 months by taking one six-week course at a time. The program consists of 12 six-week courses taken in succession, culminating with a health care capstone project. Start dates land frequently, as often as once a week.
Courses are 100 percent online with no campus visits or internships required, although the health care capstone is a project completed with a health care-related organization. To earn the MA degree, online students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in all MA coursework. There is no guarantee of licensure through this program.
- Online MA in Health Care Administration Curriculum: The University of Arizona Global Campus online MA in health care administration comprises 36 credits. Courses include principles of health care administration; health policy analysis; health care ethics and law; health care management information systems; business intelligence; global and population health comparative systems; financial and managerial accounting; continuous quality improvements and risk management; health economics; managed care and contractual services; strategic planning and marketing and health care; and a health care capstone.
- Online Experience: The MA in health care administration is delivered through the Canvas online learning management system (LMS). There are mobile apps for iPhone and Android, along with mostly digital textbooks in which students can take notes and highlight important information. Most digital books are available in audiobook format. MA students can access live classroom support, academic advisors, enrollment advisors, technical support, financial services, chat support, and career counseling.
- On-Site Requirements: There are no on-site requirements as the UAGC online MA is 100 percent online. Students complete a health care capstone project with a local health care-related organization.
Paying for the University of Arizona Global Campus Online MA in Health Care Administration
UAGC charges $740 per credit plus online course fees. In the way of graduate degree funding, students have several options to explore, including unsubsidized government graduate student loans, private loans, employer tuition reimbursement programs, employer tuition discounts, and outside scholarships and grants. Interested students should inquire about current costs and financial aid options with the University of Arizona Global Campus Tuition and Financial Aid Department.
University of Arizona Global Campus Online MA in Health Care Administration
|Degree Level||Master's Degree|
|Program Start Dates||Frequently|
|Credits Needed to Graduate||36|
|Time to Complete?||Graduate in 18 months.|
|Level of Education Required?||Bachelors degree or higher|
|GRE or GMAT Required?||No|
|Work Experience Required?||None|
|Average Cost Per Credit||$740.00|
|Estimated Program Tuition *||$26,640.00|
* Tuition is calculated based on credits, at the currently published tuition rate. For programs with variable tuition rates, we use the out of state, part-time student rate. Tuition number represents the cost of tuition for the entire program, not per semester or year. Total cost of tuition does not include additional fees.